Angler of the Year points will be distributed after each regular-season Massachusetts Kayak Bassin’ event. Points do not cross over between divisions. Each division has its own Angler of the Year race.
Points earned at Eastern Division events do not apply to the Western Division Angler of the Year standings, and vice versa.
As we are partnered with Kayak Bass Fishing, and to make this format as simple as possible, we are mirroring KBFs points system, which is as follows:
|EVENT||MAX POINTS||DECREMENT||PARTICIPATION||REGISTRATION||COUNT||MAX TOTAL|
Angler of the Year Eligibility
• Only MAKB members may earn Angler of the Year points. Membership is $25 a year. If you are not a member, you can join here.
• Angler of the Year points are awarded only to anglers who compete in or register for regular-season live events. This excludes monthly online challenges, Catch ‘Em All Brawls, Thursday Night Throwdowns, etc.
• The maximum AOY points awarded in a regular-season MAKB event is 600.
• Registered anglers who do not catch any fish but submit a photo of an empty measuring board, measured at 1 inch, earn 120 points at regular-season events.
• Registered anglers who do not fish the event earn 60 points at regular-season events.
• The decrement at each regular-season event is 6 points per place in rank.
• Points from Eastern Divisions anglers’ best 5 regular-season MAKB events (maximum 600 each, total 3,000 from five events).
• Points from Western Divisions anglers’ best 5 regular-season MAKB events (maximum 600 each, total 3,000 from five events).
• Ties are broken by season lunker.
At the end of the year, the top-ranking angler will be crowned the Massachusetts Kayak Bassin’ Angler of the Year!